Friday, August 20, 2010

Painting Queen Today

Friday, August 20, 2010
I spent hours painting the nastiness that was once my classroom door (and I went ahead and painted my coworker's door as well). I then got a wee bit carried away and painted a mural...on the entrance to my classroom trailer. Yes, I painted a 4' x 4' design on the wooden boardwalk. I probably should have asked the principal first. ooops.

Then again, I didn't ask before I put up gutters on the trailer. I didn't ask before I built wooden benches outside in the courtyard. I didn't ask when I built the cabinets, shelves, and student cubbies. I also didn't ask to sand the graffiti off of the disgusting tables that students have been using for at least 16 years (based on the years carved along with the ugly words).So, I figured a little paint wouldn't be a bad thing. I hope. We'll find out Monday I guess.

So I spent another 13 hours at work and instead of eating out I brought a Smart Ones meal. That's the good news. The not-so-good news? That is all I ate for the day until just after midnight. Though I did eat a veggie burger, having only 10 points for the day can't be healthy. I don't feel hungry, but this is the type of poor eating habits that helped me become overweight. In the past, I would work my butt off (unfortunately not literally) and then grab a quick, and large portion of filling food.

I need to get into a routine of eating something healthy in the morning before work, then eat a healthy meal at work - plus bring a sensible snack in case it turns out to be a long day. Then when I leave work, I will be less likely to want to stuff my face.

Baby steps Stephanie. Baby steps. Right now I should be getting to bed. I have another row of cubbies to build for my classroom this weekend. Hey, I wonder if I have enough paint to cover the back door....?

No comments:

Post a Comment