Monday, August 16, 2010

Can't wait for tomorrow's weigh-in

Sunday, August 15, 2010
Every Sunday night I play in a doubles pool league. And every Sunday night I do a mock aerobics routine trying to get dressed: Suck it in and zip quickly or lay down on the bed to zip up my shorts and sport the muffin top. Tonight, I grabbed my clothes and began the ritual again. Except this time, there was no grunting, sucking in, or silent prayers that the button remains fastened.

My shorts were big on me. Big enough that if I were trying them on in the store, I would go back for a smaller size. While I was playing pool, one of the players had Brooklyn Pizza delivered. I was not even tempted for a piece: The entire night I kept thinking about the shorts that were resting on my hips instead of strangling my waist.

When I got home at 1:00am, I celebrated with a Weight Watchers Giant Chocolate Cookie ice cream bar (only two points). If you have not tried this dessert, you have been denying yourself a major experience. I was surprised at the sheer size of the treat. And when I took the first bite, I was ecstatic. Low fat? Could have fooled me. This was absolutely delicious - it didn't taste like I was sacrificing anything. I had to double check the box to make sure I was right. Two points. Seriously.

So I am pretty set for lunches, dinners, snacks, and desserts. My major problem is breakfast foods. I do not eat breakfast (but I know I should). I checked out the Weight Watchers products and I might have to buy some when school starts. For now, I bought Bagel Thins and the Weight Watchers cream cheese. This might help me get into a better eating routine. Now that my portion sizes and choices have improved, I need to work on the times that I eat.

I hope tomorrow's weigh-in will be cause for celebration. If not, at least I know I am going in the right direction. I still have things to work on (activity level primarily) but overall, I feel like I am doing well. Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment