Friday, August 20, 2010

Getting ready to play pool

Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Tuesdays are challenging for me. It is my league night. Every Tuesday my teammates either order delivery or if we are playing at a bar with a grill, it means greasy, cheesy, fatty food from the menu. I used to be the one who wrangled the orders (I don't play the opening match). Though my friends mean well, it is hard when they say, "Oh, one little piece of _______ (insert incredibly tempting food here) won't hurt" or "You should reward yourself" or "But you get the weekly splurge points; live a little."

Now I eat before I go out so I have a ready-made excuse for not indulging and I drink Bud Select 55. I make sure to save my daily points for a SmartOnes meal when I come home and that has worked out pretty well. Today I figured writing in my blog before I leave would also give me that extra backbone. I will need to use that willpower tomorrow too since it is the first teacher workday for this school year (that means food and lots of it). Since a remarkable number of my coworkers have had the gastric bypass surgery, I will probably try to sit near them (less food and less opportunity for "Oh Steph you have GOT to try this...")

Well, it is nearly 4:00 and the matches begin at 7. I've eaten a bagel thin with cream cheese and should be able to squeeze in some exercise before showering and hitting the road with my cue stick. (Yes, I am stalling - I am adept at running an avoidance pattern with anything unpleasant like exercise and being surrounded by fried, heavy, greasy food.)

I wonder if the energy I spend exerting my willpower can be translated into activity points. Okay, now this is getting pathetic. I need to just get off my butt. Wish me luck, I'm goin' in.

No comments:

Post a Comment