Monday, August 16, 2010

Go Ahead, Eat your Burger

Wednesday, August 11, 2010
So I was sitting at a table with my friends during our pool match tonight when one by one, each orders a juicy, cheese covered, ketchup & mayo soaked hamburger on a fresh bun. When the first one was eating, I was able to ignore the slow, agonizing pace with which she ate her divine order. But then it looked so good, the other teammate ordered one. Then the other - and that one ordered fries on the side. Fortunately, Mr. Fries sat next to me and he likes his covered with ketchup. (I eat my fries with mayo so I wasn't tempted.)

I felt like I was losing my mind. I sprinkled some hot sauce into my Bud Select 55 and chewed my gum like it was key to my very survival.

And I made it. I kept looking at the menu board for Weight Watcher friendly items, but other than water and the lettuce they put on the burgers, I was out of luck. So a couple of hours ago, I made it home and ate a cup of brown rice and a few Chinese Snow Peas. I even splurged on a piece of wheat toast with a slice of cheese on top.

I can go to bed feeling proud for not giving in to temptation. Silly, I know, but you have no idea how much I love a juicy, rare cheeseburger. I guess tonight I loved my potential figure a little more than that meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment