Monday, August 2, 2010

Houseguest: Not a scale in sight

Monday, July 19, 2010 from my weight loss blog
Is this a bad thing? I am a guest in a house that doesn't seem to have a scale. Today is my weigh-in day. I feel good (albeit a little guilty because I didn't exercise today).

Tonight is also a tornado watch - lots of cool lightning out here. The cats don't seem to care for it though. It seems I will have three furballs in the bed with me again tonight. I wonder if breathing with a heavy cat laying on my chest counts towards my activity points? Hmmmm....I think I'll have to check that out. Oh, wait! I did RUN out in the thundering, lightning-filled, downpour to make sure the pool was okay. That might be worth something. Ugh. I still feel pretty guilty. I even had the opportunity to go to an exercise session at my cousin's house (the personal trainer/fitness freak). I chickened out. I mean it is hard enough to let her see me wheezing through a workout...but to have a few total strangers marvel at the lump formally known as my body - that's too much for me. Really. I know it sounds silly, but even if I survived the free weights without injuring myself or an unsuspecting bystander, I know they would be hapless victims when the aerobic activity started. I may be able to control the little bit of muscle packed under the fat, but once my flabby wings get going, they develop a mind of their own, and WHAM! I could take down the whole crew.

The things I do for my fellow man. So here I sit, alone (save for a few cats) in someone else's house while a storm rages outside. I didn't exercise today and I can't find a scale. I guess I can't complain. At least I did stay true to the diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment