Monday, August 2, 2010

First Weigh-In

Monday, July 12, 2010 From my Weight Loss Blog

It's been a few days and today is the official weigh-in. I have lost four pounds! It is amazing how much a mere four pounds makes in my confidence. This means I have gone from 200 pounds to 196...instead of 60 pounds to lose, I now only have 56.

This has been a tough weight loss week. My girlfriend turned 58 - birthday cake. My son turned 18 - birthday cake. Both parties included eating out. Talk about challenging. But I figured, if I am making a true life change, then holidays and special occasions should be parts of it. I ate a salad, grilled fish and veggies at the steakhouse (sitting next to my husband who was eating a juicy steak and a loaded baked potato and across from my niece who was downing a plate of chili cheese fries and my son who ate steak and cheesy mashed potatoes). I drank a lot of water that night. Later that evening, I ate a very small piece of chocolate cake (with a glass of water).

At the second birthday party, I ate one breadstick, a small bowl of salad, and mushroom filled ravioli at Olive Garden. My husband and son both ate parmesan encrusted steak with cheese ravioli and alfredo sauce and gorged on breadsticks). I took my time and tried to put my fork down with each bite. Later that evening I ate a small piece of strawberry birthday cake.

If I can still lose weight on a crazy week like this, I should be celebrating all year. Of course right now, all I can think of are the extra slices of strawberry cake sitting in my kitchen. Last night, I wanted a piece so badly I ended up steaming a bag of broccoli and eating the entire thing.

I still have a lot to work on - I mean, I am keeping within my points goal, but am not getting everything I need (water, dairy - and I still haven't bought the multi-vitamins yet). I am also woefully behind on my activity tracker. The good news is that I am doing more - the bad news is that it isn't enough. Here's hoping my type A personality at work can extend to my weight loss plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment