Friday, August 20, 2010

Buffet: You are a Cruel Creature

Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Today we were in our mandatory day-long teacher workday held at one of the local churches. To ensure we didn't escape, breakfast and lunch were provided. Tables were covered with point-ridden dishes. Lunch had the added benefit of an additional dessert table.

I ate fruit for breakfast (the fruit was located next to a small mountain of biscuits, trays of Chick-fil-A chicken breakfast things. I think the fruit was designed to be eaten with the cartons of caramel, but I just put a little bit of fruit on my plate. No toppings - not even sugar.

Lunch was really hard for me. I didn't know what to expect so I didn't know how to plan for the buffet. It turned out to be deli sandwiches and a whole lot of salads (no, not the leafy kind, the thick melted cheese type that really should be labeled casseroles.) I ended up putting a couple of slices of turkey on my plate and ate some more of the fruit left from breakfast. There was a three bean salad kind of thing and I tried a little of that too.

Most importantly, I did NOT have a single dessert. Not even a bite. Granted, I walked by the table a few times (with my hands in my pockets to help with my self-control), but I didn't taste a bit. I really REALLY wanted to though. The breads were frosted with about an inch-thick layer of gooey sweetness, and someone brought in a vat of banana pudding (complete with vanilla wafers). There were seemingly endless dishes of chocolate cakes and other frosted concoctions. By the time I got home (6:30) I was hungry. I scarfed down celery (with peanut butter-yep, I'm a bad girl). Then when I felt I was calm, I ate one of the Weight Watchers Smart Ones meals and even ate a slice of wheat bread with a piece of American cheese on top.

I only have 3.5 points left for today. I am going to relax here on the computer, finish my Diet Pepsi, then collapse on the bed. I am one tired puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment