Monday, August 2, 2010

I am in heaven: PIZZA!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - From my Weight Loss Blog

I have been waiting all week for this...PIZZA! Not just any run-of-the-mill slap some tomato sauce on dough and melt cheese kind of thing, but REAL melt your heart, make your stomach beg for mercy PIZZA!

I am back in the north where the pizza is divine (no restaurant chain - only a family-owned shop will do!). I ate three SMALL pieces of the best pizza I swear I've eaten in the past 13 years. Thin (but not crunchy) crust, very little tomato sauce, a little bit of cheese, and then generous amounts of broccoli, peppers, tomatoes, spinach, & onions. I am in heaven. I swear the angels are singing. I could have eaten the entire pizza. But, I didn't (go me)! I figure I'll worship over its deliciousness tomorrow for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. One slice for each meal should be good. I can hardly wait. Maybe I'll even tack on another mile tomorrow...pizza is good for the soul!

I can just see me tomorrow morning walking three miles - every step bringing me closer to a slice of heaven (sigh). Maybe I'll have the second slice for lunch after doing laps in the pool - and maybe the last slice for dinner after 2 miles on the track in North Andover. I feel so satisfied - and spoiled right now. Amazing what three little pieces of pizza can do for a body.

No comments:

Post a Comment