Friday, August 20, 2010

Mexican Food for Lunch-Ay Caramba!

Thursday, August 19
What to order, what to order...?

Everything was covered with cheese and surrounded by pools of refried beans and enough rice to feed a family. I wish every restaurant had point values on their menus!I ended up ordering a dish that seemed relatively safe. Pollo Adobo (and when I came home a few minutes ago I tried to Google it, but what I ate today and what they call Pollo Adobo are two very different foods.) So I ended up listing every ingredient that I could. Since it was mostly sliced chicken breast and veggies (spinach, onions, & peppers) it was pretty good. I just wish I knew what the flavor came from-I mean there wasn't a sauce or anything, but the food seemed like it was cooked together with some kind of salty (and yummy) liquid. Who knows? With my luck the meal was probably full of hidden points. It seems I'm going to have to work on the whole eating out thing.

Here's the good news: I specifically asked for the lunch portion (smaller). Then I only ate HALF! I mean it was mouth-watering, but I actually realized I was full and stopped eating. (This is a calendar marking moment for me.) I just finished eating the rest of it for dinner...and I am full.

That one meal (and a Starbucks coffee) are the only points I've had today. If that meal was worth more than I calculated, I am sure I worked it off with all the manual labor and scrubbing I did today in my classroom. 14 of hours muscle-screaming work-none of it done while seated. Well, I did take a lunch break and on the way back went to the store for more supplies for the classroom)

Right now I can barely sit here and type. I am pooped. And tomorrow, I am not going out to eat. Not unless I can plan ahead and know points before I order.

Night Night all - I will be asleep in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment