Monday, August 2, 2010

In Boston at the mercy of my cousin (fitness freak) God someone save me

Monday, July 19, 2010 from my weight loss blog
I am 800 miles away from home, and have been successfully following my new lifestyle/diet change - I haven't been eating well though. The food I eat is healthy and well within my target goals, but I am not eating enough. The other day, other than enough water to choke a fish, I ate an apple. Yep. One apple. It seems I am going to have to make myself sit down and eat throughout the day. Especially now that I am trapped under the influence of a fitness freak who has me (gulp) exercising.

I made the mistake of mentioning to my cousin's wife that I was trying to lose weight and get in shape, and found out she is a personal trainer. Now she has taken a personal sadistic interest in turning me into her latest success story.

Now, keep in mind, I am out of shape. I think parking far away from a Wal*Mart entrance is exercise. Well, Friday night she kidnapped me and I race-walked 2 miles (in the same time it took her to jog somewhere around 3 miles). I was just psyched that I didn't collapse after the first lap! When I made to the EIGHTH lap, I was thinking, "This isn't too bad. I can do this"

Then I woke up the next morning. Sometime in the night I must have been beaten because I was sore. The answer? Saturday afternoon we walked for 3 miles. If I had the energy to hit her over the head and bury her in a shallow grave, I might have done it. Actually I think those recurring thoughts kept me going.

Sunday, I figured I'd beat her at her own game. I woke up early, did the three miles on my own (in less time, mind you) and waited for her to arrive. And waited. And waited. Sunday night I got tired waiting and went to Starbucks for my one indulgance: A caramel macchiato - and yes, it was divine! She was so smug when I told her about my walk that morning.

She threatened me with another visit today. I feel like I am watching a car wreck - I know it's going to be unpleasant - maybe even gruesome - but I wait just the same. I must be some kind of masochist. I even made myself eat a Weight Watcher's blueberry muffin for breakfast. Today is my weigh-in day, but I am not sure if there is a scale in this house. I really want to see how I'm doing - especially since I've been slowly killing myself with this exercise thing.

Fingers crossed that today's workout will go smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment