Saturday, July 2, 2011

Mad Ninja pruning skills

Just when I thought I couldn't procrastinate any more, I did it again. Another day spent mostly daydreaming. Now granted, it did help with some details I am trying to work out with my novel, but unfortunately, it also created about three more stories.

I have a problem finishing things apparently. Well, unless it's food.

I have a list (that keeps growing longer) of things to do. Yes I work full time. I am a teacher, so I have summer "off" to get everything done that I couldn't do during the school year. Epic fail.

I have piddled in the yard - but have come nowhere near my goal. In fact, I had to use my best Yoda-meets-angry-Ninja inner voice today to prune the trees that worked together to take over the yard. I mean seriously, these trees must be descendants from the Ent in Lord of the Rings. The two Pine trees were aggressively needling me, the river birch tree's branches tried to mate with my hair, and the oak? Well, let's just say if the neighbors have video cameras, I will become the next You Tube sensation. The severed limbs are now piled awaiting cremation in the back yard.

So instead of 4th of July fireworks, we are going to rock the burn pile. I have GOT to work on my to-do list this summer so I will not regret the time wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment