Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I have Writer's Crumbs...

What is my problem? I have had writer's block before, but now I am suffering from a pile of little ideas, like cookie crumbs, a growing number of possibilities...I feel like my brain is under attack by ideas, possible character names, varied endings...maybe I'm insane.

A part of me knows I need to type it all out - all of it - so when I am whining about writer's block, I can piece together all of the material that has been cluttering my brain over the past few days. I have scraps of paper in my house, in my car, and in my purse with ideas or notes for expanding my short stories into a series of novels.

Best of Both Worlds is a tentative title for the series - each book within the series has a different set of main characters, except for one character: She is the narrator for "one world" in each of the books. She eventually becomes the main character focus of the last book in the series - instead of being "on the sidelines" so to speak.

The premise is unique, but the endings vary (some are "happy" while others will rip your heart out). I guess in a nutshell these books allow a character to have the "smart" choice and the soul mate...at least for a while.

Guess I better stop fiddling and start working...

No comments:

Post a Comment